Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Emma's Story Pt 3

Someone jumps on top of me. "WAKE UP! YOU'VE GOT A BIG BIG DAY!" Elizabeth yells.
"You're going to wake up all of Ravenwood." I say.
"Well miss sleepy head, I don't have to worry about that because everyone else here is already up."
"Ugh..." I roll over underneath the red blanket.
"COME ON! I'll treat you to both breakfast at my favorite restaurant in the commons and an outfit from the shopping district," she says as she pulls the blanket off of me.
"How are you getting so much money?"
"Pshhh, I've lived here a while and I've done a lot for people, I get by."

So once I'm dressed we set off, and already my mind is blown at how many people we see as we make our way. After breakfast and shopping, Liz and I part ways, and I have to make my way to my balance class that takes place outside and my myth class. I was then sent to help out in three streets Triton Avenue, Firecat Alley, and Cyclops Lane. 

I made a couple friends throughout the day, but no one really clicked. Yet when I started in Colossus Blvd the next day I met the coolest person ever. Her name was Alexis Dreamsong and she was an Initiate Pyromancer. She and I dominated the Gobblers and Evil Snowmen and even tackled Sunken City together. We became the best of friends.

Both of us were even sent to Krokotopia on the same day after classes. It was so exciting. I can't believe that I made it so far. After the long dreary day trying to work things out in the Royal Hall, I was so relieved when I reached my dorm room. I passed out as soon as I reached the bed.

"Emma! Emma! Wake up!" Liz shakes me awake.
I look out the windows of my dorm. It is still dark outside. "Elizabeth! What are you doing in here? 1. I thought I locked my door, and 2. Its the middle of the night."
"Never mind that, all of Wizard City is awake. Something happened with Bartleby."
This grabs my attention. "Bartleby? You mean the tree?"
"The tree that helped create the spiral, resides in Ravenwood, and is one of the reasons that all of this is possible yes!" 
I jumped up, threw on a robe, and we left. As soon as we stepped out of my dorm, it was hard to move. So many people were standing outside staring up at Bartleby as the Wizard City guards and the professors were trying to do what they could for Bartleby.

As Elizabeth and I got into Headmaster Ambrose's office, we knew he was incredibly freaked out. He was pacing and knocking over his stacks of books, which we all know is weird for him, since he usually just stands around. 
"Headmaster are you okay?" Liz precedes to say.
"B-B-Bartleby..." 
"Sir?" I say.
"What exactly happened?"
Headmaster Ambrose finally looks to us, a look of terror on his face. "Emma, Elizabeth, something terrible has happened. Malistaire came here tonight and took one of Bartleby's eyes."
"Sir I don't see what is so terrible about that, aren't they normal eyes?"
"Normal eyes?! Why no! One sees the future and one sees the past. Not only that but Malistaire came here!!! We have students here that we must keep safe! He is not welcome here, yet he returned again! Malistaire is a very powerful wizard that could hurt or kill our precious students! This must not happen again!" 
Elizabeth gave me a look that said "How could you not know that? Don't you pay attention?"
"I see, professor." I said and hung my head in shame. 
"You two should make your way back to bed, and tell the rest of the student body that they should to, classes will resume as usual tomorrow morning." Headmaster said as he yawned. "Oh and Elizabeth, could you please stay with your sister in the dorms tonight? I don't think it would be wise for anyone to use the spiral door while it is dark out tonight."
"Of course," Liz said.

We walked across the commons to Ravenwood, and Liz used her wand to broadcast her voice to all of the area, "ATTENTION ALL WIZARDS, WE MUST NOT PANIC. HEADMASTER AMBROSE WILL HAVE THINGS TAKEN CARE OF, AND HE HAS ORDERED US ALL BACK TO BED. CLASSES WILL RESUME AS NORMAL TOMORROW."

Into the dorm, we went. Liz pulled out her mattress thing, and made herself comfortable. "I hope things are going to be okay."
"Me too."
"You know what I think?"
"What?"
"I think you've gotten a lot braver since coming here. Just saying."

No comments:

Post a Comment